Bike-lovers, have you ever biked in 3 different countries the same day? Join us for an international ride through the Three Border Country, starting in Luxembourg city, going through Hesperange, Remich, then biking along the Moselle river to Schengen — where the famous treaty was signed, passing through Perl in Germany and Apach in France before returning to Luxembourg city.
This cycling path offers great landscapes, interesting cities with historical places — castles – monuments, nice wine bars and restaurants, and an unforgettable ride to the beautiful Moselle valley and surrounding vineyards!
This ride is about 70 to 80 km long. Don’t let the distance scare you, this is a bicycle ride that anyone can do. No fancy road bike or lycra required, come as you are.
Meeting point: in front of “Le Bistrot of Place de Paris” in Place de Paris, Luxembourg City
Date: Saturday, Jun 14th, 2014
To Register: Please leave a comment on this post so we can have an idea of how many people will show up
The event could be cancelled in case of rain or bad weather conditions. Make sure your bike is in good condition; our fantastic friends at Vélo en Ville will be happy to check it for you. Our speed is moderate — sometimes faster mainly on the roads, sometimes slow when enjoying country side paths — but we never let anyone get left behind or lost!
- Lux City -> Schengen (mainly following official PCs 1, 11, 7 and 3 + SaarLorLux) – Distance ~40kms – Positive height 331m – Negative height -462m – See http://www.openrunner.com/index.php?id=3649070
- Schengen -> Lux City (sometimes following official PCs 7, 6, 11 and 1 + custom path) – Distance between ~30kms and ~34kms – Positive height 488m – Negative height -354m – See http://www.openrunner.com/index.php?id=3649203 or http://www.openrunner.com/index.php?id=3649262
- Lunch in Remich or Schengen (snack bar / take away) depending how fast and hungry will be!
- Things to see: Remich, Wineyards, Mosel, Schengen, Castles, etc.
* Additional recommendations: consider bringing sunblock, sunglasses, a cap, water, bananas or cereal bars, money, a phone, a camera and your good mood!